In recent years, cervical cancer incidence and mortality gradually increased, and obviously tend to be younger. Forty million of the existing cervical cancer, the mortality rate of 11.30%, 5% in developed countries have been much higher than the probability of dying, becoming the fastest...
What is menopause and its cure
Menopause: a midlife crisis for female
Entering in the midlife is crisis for female. Going through all of the changes associated with menopause can be overwhelming. Unfortunately, “the change” cannot be avoided and you may even experience perimenopause in early stage than other women may. Each aged female have to pass through this time period. This article is about the midlife change in women’s reproductive capability.
Definition of menopause :
Menopause is the termination of a woman’s reproductive ability.Menopause is a likely change; it normally occurs in women in midlife, during their late 40s or early 50s, signing the end of the fertile stage of a woman’s life. Average age is 51.
Signs and Symptoms of Menopause:
As the body responds to the fast fluctuating and dropping levels of the body’s own hormones, a number of effects may appear during menopause transition years. It’s not that each woman experiences troublesome levels of these effects. The amount in which they happen fluctuates greatly from person to person.
Signs and Symptoms can be divided into the two types:
- Physical symptoms
- Psychological symptoms
- Physical Symptoms:
- Irregular Periods:
Almost all the women discover that their menstrual periods are gradually becoming inconsistent and the timing of the start of the flow regularly becomes very much difficult to predict. In addition, duration of the flow may be noticeably shorter or longer than usual, and the flow itself may be significantly heavier or lighter than formerly the case was, including occasionally long episodes of spotting.
- Formication over the body:
Effects such as formication (crawling, itching, or tingling skin sensations), may be linked straight with hormone withdrawal. Effects produced by the great fluctuations in hormone levels (i.e. hot flashes and mood changes) usually disappear or improve significantly once the perimenopause transition is entirely over. However, effects due to low oestrogen levels (for example vaginal atrophy and skin drying) will remain after the menopause transition years are over.
- Hot flashes:
Hot flashes and night sweats are common in this stage because of inability to regulate the body temperature appropriately.
Unexpected increase in heartbeats.
- Urogenital symptoms:
- Thinning of the skins of the vulva, the vagina, the cervix, and also the outer urinary Tract, along with considerable shrinking and loss in elasticity of all of the outer and inner genital areas.
- -Watery discharge
- -increase frequency of urine.
- -Incontinence may worsen the menopause phase, although urinary incontinence is more related to obstetric events than to menopause
- -Urinary Urgency.
- -Improved weakness to inflammation and infection, for example vaginal Candidiasis and Urinary tract infections.
- Bones related symptoms:
- Back pain
- Joint pain and Muscle pain
- Osteopenia and the risk of osteoporosis progressively develops over time
- Skin & Soft tissue:
- Breast atrophy
- Breast tenderness ± swelling
- Decreased elasticity of the skin
- Fornication (itchy, scratchy, burning, etc.)
- Skin thinning and becoming drier.
Psychological symptoms of Menopause:
- Mood changes
- Insomnia (loss of sleep) or one may feel sleepy in day time or the whole day.
- Loss of memory.
- Loss of sexual desire.
- Problems in reaching orgasm.
Non Medicinal Treatment(cure) of Menopause
You can reduce risk of heart disease y avoiding saturated fats.
Simple way to start this is :
– Replace butter with a low-fat spread
– Do not Use full-fat milk. Instead of that, use skimmed milk
– Choose thinner cuts of meat.
The types of fat found in oily fish may improve heart health.
These fats may lessen risk of diabetes too.
Surveys show that to change the types of fat you eat is more important than reducing overall fat intake to reduce your risk of coronary heart disease.
A healthy diet contains sufficient wholegrain cereals, starchy vegetables containing fiber and vitamins that provides energy.
Eat wholegrain breakfast cereals, brown bread and wholemeal pasta rather than more refined carbohydrates such as sugary cereals, white bread and ordinary pasta.
It’s essential that your diet comprises enough protein.
It can be gained from meat, dairy products, nuts and pulses (beans and lentils).
Protein plays a vital part in helping your body recover from illness, infections and surgery, as we get older.
Getting enough calcium in the diet after menopauseis the key as it’sessential for bone health.
Cheese, milk and yoghurt (Dairy Products) are good sources of calcium.
Vegetables like broccoli and cabbage (green leafy)are other sources of calcium.
Vitamins and minerals
Surveys show that eating a lot of fruits and vegetables can drop risk of many illnesses.
It may be because of the antioxidants they contain like vitamins E and C.
Eat minimum five slices of fruit and vegetables a day. Studies show that most of women aged 50 to 64 eat less than this.
Eat plenty of different kinds of fruit and vegetables, so that you get a variety of nutrients, to bring the greatest benefits.
Lifestyle tips for balance
- Take proper sleep:
Sleep is important for a woman entering menopause or going through menopause. To sleep more deeply at night, make sure you’re in bed before 10:00at night and that you wake up before 6: 00in the morning. 10 to 6 is the most suitable time period when sleep comes easier and is more relaxing. It will be hard to fall asleep after 10 o’clock.
- Regular Massage:
The morning oil massage is very important for prevention of menopausal problems. Use Youthful Skin Oil for women. This oil is designed to increase circulation, and provides needful moisture to the skin
Maintain proper time for food intake:
Do not skip meals, and take lunch at noon, when digestion is the strongest. Try to maintain same lunch time every day and go to bed and wake up at the same time.
Take a lot of rest during your menstrual cycle as you approach menopause.
Exercise is very important without skipping a day in this age because during exercise the muscular activity will secrete Endorphins and it will increase the secretion of serotonin which is the neurotransmitter and has the antidepressant activity.
Do bone strengthening exercise.
Do the Kegal Exercise to strengthen the urinary Muscles (Pelvic Muscle)
- Drink plenty of water to reduce the dryness of the skin
- Reduce the salt intake
- Keep a menstrual Calendar
Yoga and pranayama for Menopause:
The practice of Yogasana keeps body and mind in sound condition. By learning Yoga, One can attain hormonal balance.
- Common Asanas like: Trikonasana, Tiryaktadasana, Bhoomiasana, Omkara, Bhramari Pranayama, Shavasana
- Practice of meditation
- Alongwith study of literature having good thoughts can result in soundness of the body and mind.
- The practice of Omkar:should be undertaken about four times in a day for a period of ten minutes each time.
- Bhramari Pranayama: is practised before going to bed and meditation is invariably performed, along with the strength of the body and mind, the mental power will also develop. The vital power as well as the soul force will also develop.
- Sit for meditation: Make a selfless deep wish that let there be peace and happiness in the east, west, south, and north, in the beautiful sky, in the nether depth lands, forest, and ocean, everyone in all places. Remember the Almighty God through the best of your heart. This is greatest feeling and experience. Arrange your head, neck, chest and spinal column in one straight line. If you find it tough and tiring to sit on the ground with crossed legs, keep a thin pillow on the back side of seat. Do sit for meditation regularly. You will surely experience less trouble.
- Initially concentrate on listening to the heartbeats. Then control the breath entering in and out. Then try to divert your concentration on remembrance of the God.
- God is almighty, you are not in anyway away from the kingdom of God’s power. The boon of His beneficent, benediction will surely spell your ample auspiciousness.
- Hobby: do what you like the most (e.g. singing, drawing,reading etc.). If one can do it with full concentration, it will be the best meditation for her.